Title: Psoriasis & Skin Health
Presenter: Dr Elisabeth Philipps PhD BSc (Hons) BSc Nutr Med
Join Dr Elisabeth Philipps on Tuesday 28th July 2020 12 pm – 1pm for a CPD accredited webinar discussion around:
“Psoriasis & Skin Health”
Psoriasis is typically a chronic autoimmune disease characterised by patches of abnormal skin. These skin patches are typically red, itchy, and scaly. Psoriasis varies in severity from small, localised patches to complete body coverage. Unlike eczema and dermatitis, it is NOT widely known that nutritional interventions can influence the outcome of psoriasis which it most certainly can by addressing the underlying causes.
In this webinar Elisabeth will discuss the:
- Incidence, underlying causes and different types of psoriasis.
- Conventional treatment of psoriasis.
- Different functional nutrition interventions to ameliorate and resolve psoriasis.
- The relevance of fatty acids, and how important omega-6 fatty acids are for skin health.
- Importance of the gut microbiome in psoriasis.
- Importance of antioxidants in psoriasis.