Title: Stress & Sleep
Presenter: Dr Elisabeth Philipps PhD BSc (Hons) BSc Nutr Med
Date/time: Tuesday 26th February 2019 (12pm-1pm)
Price: £20 with £10 Nutrigold credit back upon live attendance
As many as 16 million adults in the UK say they are suffering from sleepless nights and one in three (31%) report suffering from insomnia. The impact of regular poor-quality sleep affects many people on a day-to-day basis, leading to reduced capability and function both at work and home. Research in the last decade has also uncovered the far-reaching health implications of chronically poor sleep including an increased risk of diabetes, heart disease, depression, obesity and even a reduced lifespan.
There are many factors that can impact on sleep including stress, snoring, sleep apnoea, blood sugar balance and diseases like hyperthyroidism. However, for some, insomnia and poor sleep quality has just become a way of life. So, what are the contributory factors in poor sleep cycles and what can be done to overcome them?
During this webinar, Elisabeth will discuss current research into stress, sleep and diet. Reference will be made to real-life cases in which nutritional intervention has made a positive difference.
Webinar topics covered include:
- What is sleep? Role of the brain, hormones and circadian rhythms.
- Causes of sleep disorders including the role of stress, cortisol and the endocrine system.
- Role of melatonin in healthy sleep cycles and supporting the synthesis pathway of this crucial hormone.
- Role of serotonin in sleep, rest and relaxation.
- Clinical application of food supplements to support sleep including 5-HTP, magnesium, B vitamins and herbal extracts.
- Stress management techniques to successfully implement a functional nutrition programme to support quality sleep.
This comprehensive webinar will provide you with a complete and effective framework for managing optimal sleep patterns with practical information on successful functional nutrition programmes. A full set of scientifically referenced slides and recording of the webinar are included in the investment price.