Title: Pain and Inflammation
Presenter: Dr Elisabeth Philipps PhD BSc (Hons) BSc Nutr Med
Date/time: Wednesday 26th June 2019 (12pm-1pm)
Price: £20 with £10 Nutrigold credit back upon live attendance
Inflammation is part of the body’s natural immune response aiding the healing response. However, lifestyle, environmental factors, stress, obesity, ageing and nutrient deficiencies can all tip the balance into a chronic low-grade inflammatory state. This initially subtle state is a possible factor in stubborn aches, niggles and musculoskeletal pain, as well as allergies, headaches and also named conditions such as osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia. If left unchecked, however, it is now recognised to be one of the fundamental mechanisms underpinning several chronic diseases and conditions including rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, heart disease, neurodegenerative diseases and some cancers. Resolving acute inflammation such as infection or injury and managing immune system health to avoid autoimmunity is, therefore, key to managing long-term pain and inflammation.
Many people rely on common medications such as aspirin and co-codamol to manage pain like headaches and musculoskeletal pain associated with inflammation, but these pharmaceuticals have some potentially serious and not uncommon side effects including gastric bleeding, indigestion and diarrhoea. Daily use of readily available painkillers such as aspirin and ibuprofen are also associated with increased risk of cardiovascular events such as stroke, heart attacks and heart flutter (atrial fibrillation).
So how can you effectively and naturally manage inflammatory pain without relying on common painkiller medication?
Join Elisabeth as she guides you through the latest research into inflammation and pain and discusses functional nutrition approaches to naturally manage pain. Reference will be made to real-life cases in which nutritional intervention has made a positive difference.
Webinar topics covered include:
- Understanding the biological mechanisms of different types of pain and pain associated with a chronic inflammatory state including in osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia.
- Exploring the factors that contribute to low-grade inflammation including lifestyle, stress, environment and nutrient deficiencies.
- The biology of “inflammanaging” – managing aches and pains associated with ageing to maintain optimal health.
- Mechanisms for balancing pain and inflammation pathways using natural pain management solutions such as curcumin, Ashwagandha and omega 3 essential fatty acids.
- Dietary interventions and environmental and lifestyle support to naturally manage pain and inflammation.
- How to lead an anti-inflammatory life – the power of supergreens!
This comprehensive webinar will provide you with a complete and effective framework for naturally managing inflammatory pain with practical information on successful functional nutrition programmes. A full set of scientifically referenced slides and recording of the webinar are included in the investment price.