Presenter: Antony Haynes RNT BA (Hons) Dip ION mBANT mIFM CNHC
Antony Haynes (Registered Nutritional Therapist, Author & Lecturer) will be presenting a webinar that focuses on the Menopause.
The Menopause affects all women, and often their families and work colleagues. Menopausal symptoms affect about 70% of women and are due to the changing hormone levels, particularly oestrogens, but may also be influenced by factors such as diet and exercise, lifestyle and any medications. Therefore, for some people, lifestyle factors such as reducing / stopping smoking, reducing alcohol intake, reducing caffeine intake, reducing stress, eating healthily and taking regular exercise can considerably help the symptoms of menopause. So-called ‘alternative therapies’ may also be considered for menopause symptom control. Amongst the non-medical intervention, Nutritional Therapy has much to offer in terms of ameliorating the signs and symptoms of menopause as well as supporting bone health.
- Learn about the most common signs and symptoms of the menopause.
- Learn why such a high percentage of women experience menopausal symptoms.
- Learn about the mechanisms involved in menopausal symptoms.
- Learn about the potential risks of HRT.
- Learn about the adrenal and thyroid hormone connection in menopausal symptoms.
- Learn about nutritional therapy intervention to resolve menopausal symptoms.