Presenter: Dr Elisabeth Philipps PhD BSc(Hons) BSc Nut. Med.
Date: Tuesday 12th October 2021
Time: 12.00 – 1.30pm
Join clinical neuroscientist Dr Elisabeth Philipps on Tuesday 12th October 2021 for a CPD accredited webinar on:
“Detoxing the Brain”
Anxiety exists on a spectrum and we all experience it at some level, with this state being compounded for many because of the amount of change and uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus pandemic effect on daily life. But far from condemning this state of mind in its entirety, anxiety is a very normal response from a strong, healthy brain. The anxious state helps us perceive a threat and helps our body to instantly respond by making us stronger, faster, more powerful, more alert versions of ourselves to keep us safe. Anxiety was never meant to get in our way, but rather, it is a call to action to get us out of the way of danger.
The problem is that those signals are not always accurate. Anxiety is instinctive and automatic, and our brains can become hardwired into an anxious state from a very early age. This leads us to become oversensitive to threat and puts us on high alert event when there is no need to be. This is when anxiety becomes intrusive and hard to live with.
So how can we manage an anxious mind so that it works for and not against us?
Dr Elisabeth Philipps is a clinical neuroscientist whose research has included how the brain responds in anxious states. Combined with her functional medicine training she will explore the latest understanding in how to manage and calm an anxious mind. Elisabeth will cover:
- Brain pathways involved in anxiety, including the role of different neurotransmitters in the central nervous system.
- The latest research into the role of endocannabinoids in emotional responses mediated via the endocannabinoid system and other receptor pathways.
- How to manage biochemical imbalances in an anxious brain through a functional medicine approach.
- Harnessing the power of an anxious mind to support changing your mindset by using simple habit change strategies.
Included in the price:
- Full PDF slide deck
- CPD certificate
- £10 voucher to use with Nutrigold (live attendees only)
- Video recording
- Live Q&A
CPD Applied for:
- British Association for Applied Nutrition (BANT)
- Naturopathic Nutrition Association (NNA)
- Association of Naturopathic Practitioners (ANP)