Presenter: Antony Haynes BA (Hons) RNT mBANT
Join award winning registered nutritional therapist Antony Haynes on Monday 12th April for a CPD accredited webinar on:
“Functional Gut Disorders: Focus on Abdominal Bloating”
Abdominal bloating is one of the most common and uncomfortable symptoms that people experience within the range of gastrointestinal symptoms often qualified as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). IBS itself is recognised to impact 9%-23% of the global population but the percentage of clients seeking health care from NTs related to their digestive system is considerably higher. According to one study, 96% of patients with IBS and 30% of the general population experience bloating.
Abdominal bloating, with an estimated 50% also having distention, is not only a source of distress to those who experience it, it is also strongly correlated with fatigue.
Antony will explain the current understanding of why bloating occurs, and what can be done to resolve it, sharing both the medical perspectives and the functional medicine approaches to consider.
During this presentation you will learn:
- About the 7 main causes abdominal bloating, and of 4 other less common causes
- About the connection between bloating & fatigue
- About the overlap of SIBO, IBS & those who have bloating
- About what steps to take to resolve bloating
- About the most appropriate dietary approach to resolve bloating
- About the most effective nutritional supplements to resolve bloating
- About an effective non-nutritional technique to help resolve bloating
Included in the price:
- Full PDF slide deck
- CPD certificate
- £10 voucher to use with Nutrigold (live attendees only)
- Video recording
- Live Q&A
CPD Applied for:
- British Association for Applied Nutrition (BANT)
- Naturopathic Nutrition Association (NNA)
- Association of Naturopathic Practitioners (ANP)